My Progress.....

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Oh Happy Sunday!

I woke up this morning anxious to get on the scale because I have been waiting for my TOM to pass before checking in.  I am now down 14 Lbs in 14 days!  I am completely convinced that weight loss through green smoothies is the way to go.  Before on my prior juice and water fasts, I always had severe detox symptoms which made it difficult to continue at times.  Especially the lower back pains from accumulated toxins in the lower intestine which is located near the base of the spine.  But the detox is so much milder with the smoothies.  The cleansing is still definitely going on, but it is much more tolerable.  And the fiber from the emulsified fruits & veggies helps to keep moving the toxins out of the body regularly.  A few months ago, I would have told anyone to do a fast for weight loss.  And while that is still an excellent tool, I would more likely encourage a green smoothie diet instead.  One of the best things that has happened is that I have lost my cravings for SAD food.  My mouth actually waters as I wash up a head of Romaine Lettuce or bunch of Spinach.  And this is coming from a girl who HATED vegetables and would never think of eating greens by CHOICE.  My vegetable consumption on SAD consisted of me munching on carrot sticks off an appetizer tray at family or work functions. 
This morning I actually gave the dogs some of my green smoothie and they ending up cleaning their bowls and begging for more.  Now I just have to work on getting the BF to join me!  :)

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me! I made my first smoothy yesterday and it was so delicious! I was holding my breath when I first tried it because it looked gross, well not gross just green. But it was one of the best tasting things I've ever drank. Today will be my first day of only smoothy drinking. Please keep posting as I enjoy reading and following along with you!

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLease keep posting. I have been trying for 10 years to lose 5 lbs. Now it is 25 lbs and I eat only organic high fibre foods, a little raw dairy, and grass fed meat. Lots of exercise. I used to take Barley Green 3 x day and think that I will go back to that. And I will go back to doing green smoothies with berries. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete